Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Another poll...

http://www.livescience.com/strangenews/081124-britain-supernatural.html

A British newpaper has published the results of a new poll. The results are interesting. OK, more like unsettling. The comments accompanying it are just plain sad.

For example:
I'm not surprised. There are more sightings of UFO's and ghosts than god/angels/demons. With hit reality shows now like UFO and Ghost Hunters, its going to continue to fuel the flames of belief in those areas more and more. The only thing god has going for him is the Bible. As far as I'm concerned, religion is all bogus. A tool for control. As for UFO's, big foot, aliens, ghosts, etc. there still isn't any evidence solid enough to say for sure I think. I believe in facts or having proof.

More sightings of UFO's and ghosts than God? I'm thinking no. I'm presently watching another beautiful sunrise. I've seen many a sunrise and sunset. Far more than I've ever observed a UFO or a ghost. The other Sunday afternoon, I saw an amazing double rainbow during a dazzling golden sunset (gazing upon the beauty of the Lord, Psalm 27:4). Genesis 1:1; Psalm 121:2 came to mind (the Maker of Heaven and earth). Of course, this barely scratches the surface of daily evidences of God. Where do you see God's handiwork? Be sure to thank Him for that spiritual "eye" that sees His goodness and His artistry every day.

Yep, God is so good...and on display everywhere! And those are the facts...



1 comment:

Darryl said...

Linda,

It's interesting . . . as my Christian walk strengthens and I learn more about God, it becomes clear to me how little I know and understand of how God works. That being said, He reveals himself to me in so many ways on a daily basis, not only through his beautiful creation as you describe, but in everyday life occurences . . . conversations, situations, successes, failures, and even blog posts!

Today's post-Christian attitude toward God is certainly saddening . . .

Thanks for sharing!